Analytical Chemist £28,000 Per Annum
Location - Flint
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this Market Leading FMCG manufacturing business in their search for a Analytical Chemist to work at their facility based near Flint
- Carry out sampling of raw materials and complete analytical and physical analysis against the agreed risk based procedure
- Lead the development of any new test methods for the testing of bulk liquids, chemicals and finished product for all sites within the group.
- Develop and improve processes related to analytical activities across all sites covering both in process and laboratory testing
- Generation of raw material and bulk liquid specifications and maintenance of such libraries with support from Group Technical Services
- Producing lab scale samples of new lotions and serial preservative dilutions in order to provide bulk liquid batch calculation analysis
- Identify where new or changed routines could improve efficiency without detrimental effect to the sampling and testing service
- Support the Site Quality Lead / Quality Assurance Technicians in quality failure investigations with subject matter expertise
- Liaise with internal departments across group eg Research and Development, Manufacturing, to ensure development of new test methods and improve process
- Escalate any out of specification results relating to raw materials, in process testing and finished product.
- Where appropriate, liaise with suppliers on issues of product quality relating to out of specification results or rejection, ensure appropriate internal departments are notified accordingly.
- Provide analytical laboratory cover for analytical technicians in the event of holidays and absence.
- Accountable for ensuring they perform tasks, and operate / use equipment/machinery only to the level of their training and competence in a safe manner
- 100% Completion of scheduled Safety observations. Ensure Task Based Risk Assessments and control measures are in place for all analytical tasks
- Full adherence to Health and Safety Procedures & Practices. Identify and report any conduct that breaches Health & Safety or does not fall within our company values, including all incidents and near misses
- Conduct safety investigations in a timely manner following any H&S incident
- Calibration of Laboratory equipment against defined schedule
- Rejection and quarantine of raw materials as required
- Ensure out of specifications results are escalated
- Follow appropriate test methods
- Ensure the lotion specifications held within the bulk liquids database are up to date
- Maintain consumables to ensure effective operation within the laboratory.
- Participate in laboratory audits, both specific accreditation and customer originating relating to Analytical sampling, testing and methods used
- Demonstrate self-awareness, through reflection and drive own personal development plan
- Demonstrate at all times our company values - Excellence, Respect, Creativity and Responsibility
- Commit to grow own capability and experience for the benefit of self, team and company
- Be receptive to new approaches and ideas
- Take responsibility for own actions
- Accept feedback and be willing to learn from mistakes
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to an effective team member and support investigations
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a positive and flexible manner
- Good oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive, creative, structured approach to problem solving
- Reliable, honest, energetic, enthusiastic, diplomatic and respectful
- Good basic educational standard - Maths and English
- Education in analytical science related subject essential
- Numerical/verbal reasoning
- Computer literate
- Laboratory experience essential
- >3 years experience in an analytical laboratory environment.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 24/07/2021
Hi All, I'm currently recruiting for this position. Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description and apply to it!