Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£35,000 + Car Allowance
gap technical are proud to be working in partnership with a well-established Principal Contractor looking to take on an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. The Contractor is growing at a rapid rate, having recently secured another scheme worth £250M and a focal point for the company is continuous expansion.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will assist the commercial team on site with the procurement of work packages, subcontract management/administration, administering of the main contract, risk management and feeding into the project CVR and monthly reporting process.
- Assist in the management of the contract cost reporting.
- Assist in preparation of cash flows forecasts for sub-contractor payments
- Assist in the preparation of accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
- Assist with the preparation of sub-contract documentation.
- Prepare payment certificates for sub-contract work.
- Assist with the valuation of variations.
- Assist with the preparation of claims.
- Assist with the preparation of interim application for payments.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate monthly cost reports.
- Identify potential risk and opportunities to the project commercial lead.
- Site based experience on a similar project size/type.
- Subcontractor management.
- Subcontractor administration.
- Tier 1 contracting experience (desirable).
- Experience within the most current forms of procurement.
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material.
- Numeracy and bid/report writing.
- Relevant Professional Qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar (BSc level or equivalent) or working towards.
- A valid CSCS card is a requirement.
Please send your CV and call Chris at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 12/12/2019