Assistant Transport Planner
£24,000 per annum
As part of their continued growth our client based in Wrexham are looking for an Assistant Transport Planner to join their team on a permanent basis. As the Assistant Transport Planner, you will assist the Operations Manager with the vehicle and driver planning to various destinations across the UK.
- Planning of customer and disposal routes across the UK.
- Being the point of contact for 24 drivers.
- Updating the transport diary and daily operations schedule.
- Performing transport admin tasks as needed.
- Invoicing and filing and issuing of PO numbers.
- Ensure vehicle compliance and services.
- Arrange vehicles servicing and account for vehicles off road when planning.
- Provide reports to senior management.
- Deal with any customer queries or complaints.
- Manage any driver issues and escalate to the Transport Manager if needed.
- Previous experience of working within a Transport Planning role is essential.
- Due to the role being a dual administration role you will have experience in administration and invoicing.
- Team player with a flexible can do attitude.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Geographical knowledge.
- Previous experience of working within the waste industry would be desirable.
- IT Skills.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/06/2021