Automation and Controls Engineer
£50,000 Per Annum + Bonus + Benefits
gap technical are proud to be representing a global innovative and market leading manufacturer are currently looking to recruit within the engineering team and require a Controls and Automation Engineer to join the team. This company are at the forefront of their industry and have experienced strong year on year growth. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and further enhance your career as this company invest heavily in their workforce and provide excellent on-going training.
- To diagnose and provide solutions to breakdowns across the site.
- To lead and develop Automation techniques and ensure compliance with the highest standards of Safety Health and Environment, housekeeping, and quality of work.
- Allocation of Automation resource on a day-to-day basis to ensure compliance with the engineering schedule.
- Provide feedback and allocation of work schedule through the company's Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Adopting a proactive approach to reducing the impact and frequency of faults on process machinery.
- Liaising with manufacturing colleagues to identify windows of opportunity for carrying out project / engineering related work.
- Identify and generate with engineering and other disciplines Final Design Specifications and justifications for capital expenditure projects and value adding improvement initiatives, where appropriate.
- Plan required Automation work during shutdowns in conjunction with other engineering personnel to ensure that they are run as effectively as possible and ensure that availability, HSE and quality targets for assets are met.
- Identify areas of best practice within and external to the business and apply to own area of responsibility.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the engineering function and take a proactive role in the meetings from an engineering perspective.
- Generate meaningful KPIs that demonstrate the improvements realised in own area of responsibility.
- Identify the hardware/software requirements of the site, document, and control this with respect to critical spare, life expectancy, obsolescence etc.
- Assist Plant Engineers with the availability of the lines to ensure Automation support is required, help reduce downtime and implement robust actions.
- Provide assistance to the Divisional Control team and ensure Divisional standards are adhered to locally.
- Manage projects from a site perspective and assist Divisional projects when required.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans, conferring with management.
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Significant and demonstrated experience in deploying planned and preventative engineering strategies,
- Degree/HND/HNC qualified or equivalent (Electrical/Automation/Controls related discipline) with proven experience, or significant experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Hands on engineering experience with the ability to diagnose complex manufacturing engineering related problems.
- Proven man management skills with an emphasis on development of a team.
- Excellent organisational, planning, communication and time management skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
- Ability to use clear judgement and make methodical decisions in ambiguous and pressure situations
- Proven experience in Robotics, Drives, PLCs.
- The ideal candidate will have a professional Manner with considerable exposure in a continuous manufacturing operation in a multi-shift environment with a proven track record of success.
- The person will probably be experienced to degree level however academic achievement will be secondary to the ability to demonstrate consistent performance in a manufacturing environment over a number of successful years.
- The person should have a good working knowledge of continuous improvement techniques including 5s and six sigma.
- The individual should be highly motivated, results orientated, and able to express and communicate a vision and set goals for individuals to aspire to.
- As with most continuous 24-hour operations the individual will need to be flexible as the role may require out of normal hours attendance at site to provide support and guidance in the event of problems
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/06/2021