gap Personnel are acting as an employment business on behalf of our prestigious client based in Wrexham. Our client has been operating for over 50 years and the future is looking extremely positive for them during these unprecedented times.
Due to a multimillion pound investment at their site they are looking to expand their team by recruiting several skilled operators on permanent basis to be part of an exciting new project.
- Responsible for operating and optimising the blown film line and associated equipment in order to achieve specified production targets.
- Ensure the quality standards of the finished product are achieved by carrying out the required testing procedures at the correct periodic intervals.
- Assisting in routine maintenance of the line and associated equipment.
The Blown Film Operator is accountable for: -
- Optimising the performance within the bag manufacturing area against the set targets without compromising health and safety in anyway.
- Routine daily safety/maintenance checks of the blown film line and associated equipment (detailed on a daily/weekly check sheet).
- Maintaining a continuous supply of feedstock to the line.
- At shift changeover liaise with other blown film line operators and pass on the relevant information from previous shifts.
- Monitoring quality throughout the shift and report to the Supply Chain Supervisor or Shift Manager if the quality is not achievable.
- Highlighting machine problems or reporting faults through job requisitions for repair.
- Assisting the maintenance department engineers (if required) on any breakdown of the blown film line and associated equipment.
- Accurately record all production/test data on the information sheets requested by management and supervision.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety.
- Communicating effectively (both orally and in written form).
- To be confident in decisions especially with regard to quality standards.
- Accurate recording of information.
- Have the ability to drive a counterbalance Fork Lift Truck.
- Able to set up and operate an extrusion line.
- Working as part of a team.
- Well defined trouble shooting skills.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience preferably gained in a high-volume production environment.
- Equipment set up and processing.
£10 per hour + 15% Shift Allowance
Hours of Work:
6am - 2pm, 2pm -10pm, 10pm -6am (Rotating weekly) Monday - Friday