£30k-£35k per annum dependant on experience
Our client based in Wrexham is looking to recruit a Buyer on a permanent basis. As the Buyer you will be responsible for the efficient processing of purchase orders and documentation using the Epicor ERP system. Working closely with the Production and Materials Scheduler ensuring the timely delivery of all raw materials needed to fulfil customer demand on time in full. You will maintain the raw database on Epicor to ensure supplier pricing, lead times MOQ and Economic OQ data is maintained up to date. Working closely with the Senior Technologist & Compliance Officer, ensuring all MSDS, TDS and product data is correctly filed and accessible by production and technical departments.
- To order and monitor all raw material components with a view to meeting Manufacturing Start Dates
- The material is despatched on time and to the required packaging requirements.
- Working closely with the Production & Material Scheduler, efficiently and effectively support the Production Plan.
- Play a leading role in our annual stock taking activity.
- To liaise with Technical, Accounts & QA departments to maintain Approved Supplier records.
- To liaise with Manufacturing, QA and Laboratory to ensure plans can be met.
- Monitor the materials budget effectively and efficiently minimising excessive stocks.
- Working with the sales department to ensure that all relevant customer forecasts are translated into raw material demand forecasts.
- Working with our client's management team, develop and maintain cross functional relationships to ensure business 'problems' and 'opportunities' can be quickly and effectively resolved/exploited to achieve business objectives.
- Educated to ONC or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of production/planning process (MRP), purchasing materials (inventory) and key requirements of customers.
- Understanding of business objectives and departmental interfaces.
- Minimum of 3 years production planning (or scheduling) and purchasing role.
- Experience of a medium business "Order to Cash" system.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Team working.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28/09/2021