Chargehand / Line Leader
£24,000-£25,000 per annum
8:30am-6:30pm / Monday - Friday
Our client based in the Wrexham area is currently looking to recruit a Chargehand/Line Leader to join their team on a permanent basis. Being the Chargehand for the area (& deputising in the supervisor's absence), dealing with setting the team out on a daily basis and ensuring that the resources are in place for the line to run and the relevant safety and quality checks are being carried out.
- Check that Infeed Operatives are keeping a constant supply to the lines to avoid unnecessary downtime. Check that the process flow is being followed on the retail line along with the 60 trays per trusser every 15 mins to monitor & improve trussing efficiency (as required, new starters etc).
- Manage the timings of breaks to ensure minimum downtime and maximum efficiency.
- To ensure that hourly KPI boards are filled in on time, make decisions & take action as required including any SIC's.
- Ensure that any incidents/accidents are dealt with in the correct manner to cover legal obligations and to promote a culture of safety within the team.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Working in line with culture of continuous improvement - report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to the Department Supervisor including improvements & solutions.
- Ensure the teamwork in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within your area and across the wider business e.g., reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with the Management Team in order that they are fully briefed on all aspects of line/area operations, in particular the achievement of line/area targets, employee attitudes and product quality & attend production & engineering meetings/forums as required in the absence of the supervisor.
- Demonstrating the competent application of good manufacturing practices required to consistently operate to high standards of food quality and food safety.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role.
- Mechanically Minded.
- Aware and understand the importance of Health and Safety, Hygiene and animal welfare regulations.
- Previous experience of working within the meat industry.
- Good knowledge of computer systems.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to cope with routine work & FMCG environment.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 19/09/2021