£10.50 per hour
6am - 2pm Shift
Hatfield / Welwyn Garden City
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Chemical Miller to work at their facility based near Hatfield / Welwyn Garden City
- Etches specified portions of metal parts materials used in manufacturing aircraft, using immersion equipment, templates, hand tools, and precision measuring instruments.
- Reads work order, blueprints and process specifications to define location of etch, finished dimensions and method sequence of operations
- Cleans surface of parts materials to make sure uniform adhesion of maskant
- Applies maskant to surfaces to be etched, scribes etch lines, using template, and removes maskant from etch areas
- Immerses parts materials in etching solution for specified time, manually or using hoist
- Removes objects from etch solution, rinses objects with water, and removes remaining maskant
- Measures etched parts materials for conformance to specifications, using micrometers, scales, and other precision measuring instruments.
- Immerse parts and materials in successive baths rinses to perform surface processing in addition to etching, pickling, chromodizing, passivating, degreasing, and stripping, and be designated Process Operator .
- Drill and trim parts where required.
- Reporting problems or variations against spec
- Work to strict quality and heal & safety regulations
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe environment according to safe practices
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Support work colleagues as and when required
- Assist in training of new employees
- Cross train and work in other areas as and when required
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 12/06/2021