CNC Setter/Operator - Days
£12-£15ph - DOE
Welwyn Garden City
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a CNC Setter/Operator to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City
- Operate the CNC machine and other machinery used in the production process or assist other machine operators.
- Set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Ensure that all work is moved to the next operation/Department
- Liaise with planning department to ensure that priorities are met
- Report any maintenance issues to the immediate Line Manager
- Ensure that all jigs and fixtures are used and stored according to company procedures
- Uphold all Health and Safety standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
- Maintain a cost effective and high standard of production.
- Maintaining work area and machinery to a high standard.
- Ensuring a clean and safe working environment is maintained in accordance with 5S protocol.
- Correct use of and development of tool management and maintenance systems.
- Produce right first-time components, from customers drawings
- Ensure good communication channels are created with all other departments to enable good flow of work through production
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of setting and operating CNC Machine platforms
- Health & Safety Training.
- Working knowledge of machines, cutting speeds and feeds and tolerances
- Solid understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and standards
- Experience in this type of job role minimum 2 years
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 10/03/2022