Continuous Improvement Engineer
£45,000 - £50,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to work at their facility based near Welwyn Hatfield
- Lead Operational Excellence at using Continuous Improvement principles, tools, methods, and techniques, in direct support of achieving business goals, improved performance, and decreased cost.
- Define the current condition of the facility and identify opportunities and create a target condition, with action plans to improve operational and financial results.
- Utilize Hoshin framework to capture and manage execution of the strategic actions.
- Provide a plant-wide framework for improvement implementation and facilitate the execution of this strategy.
- Identify, assess, facilitate, design, and coach implementation of improvement methods, techniques, and procedures, including daily management, problem solving, TPM/OEE, 5S, visual management, work design and A3 improvement plans. Use these tools to lead and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Lead and coach others in determining specific measures of performance and productivity improvements. Provide training and consultative assistance for all levels of the organization.
- Lead multiple Kaizen events across the plant at any one time.
- Use the Operational Excellence to help identify and implement improvement opportunities, and to assure compliance with corporate expectations.
- Liaison with the BU and other plants to bring technology and best practices to the location. Communicate progress and successes within the location and within the business unit.
- Diploma in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited organisation
- Six Sigma Green Belt Accredited
- Experience with proven results of facilitating continuous improvement activity
- Experience using engineering solutions for complex problems.
- Experience in an AS9100 controlled environment.
- Solid understanding of Engineering principles
- Provide technical & engineering support for all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Dailey/weekly and monthly progression of shop floor improvements that drive process efficiency and elimination of waste.
- Identify and progress shop floor improvements that continuously develop the processes and products.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements relating to manufacturing
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Leadership qualification
- Engineering Degree
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 16/07/2021