Position: Contract Manager
Salary: £45,000, car, pension, healthcare, life assurance
gap technical are proud to be working in partnership with a global contractor, within their Mobile Facilities Services Division, where they're on the search for a Contract Manager. The position entails looking after one client, across all FM disciplines, and is generally remote based but will require visits to offices in Enfield & Cirencester.
- To take full technical, commercial and operational responsibility for the successful and profitable execution of the nominated contract/s ensuring compliance with contract specifications and conditions
- To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice
- To take full P&L accountability for Contracts under their control
- To liaise with the Minor Works Project Team ensuring that projects associated with their client are delivered in line with timescales, budget, margin, and quality
- To manage and set firm financial targets to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of financial status to the Operations Manager.
- To provide and manage client's requirements for all additional project works.
- To develop each client / customer relationship and generate new opportunities i.e. additional core contracts, extra works, total mobile services opportunities
- To provide technical support to the customer and site-based teams utilising central departments, specialist suppliers and sub-contractors
- To lead, motivate and develop mobile engineering team.
- To provide support and training as required to enhance the effectiveness of the regional business
- To monitor and control all costs associated with individual contracts and providing timely information and feedback to senior management
- To liaise closely with clients, sub-contractors and in-house teams, building and maintaining good working relationships.
- To manage and control delivery teams where appropriate to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Environmental Policy, Quality Assurance and Purchasing
- Carry out and support with the performance development review (PDR) process, completing regular 1 to 1 meetings and tool box talks enhancing the employee experience
- Previous experience of working in a Mobile Engineering company/division
- Management experience combined with Mechanical and Electrical / Fabric knowledge;
- A proven track record managing a portfolio of contracts within the M&E and/or Facilities industry;
- Experience managing mobile teams;
- Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills;
- Detailed commercial, financial and project knowledge of multi-discipline contracts;
- Excellent Customer Service Skills - ability to build and maintain effective working relationships;
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines;
- Sound technical knowledge and financial/commercial awareness;
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to develop and build upon relationships with colleagues, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Interface with surveyors, Scheduling team, designers, buyers, estimators, Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Department, Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Department, Quality Assurance (QA) and Human Resource (HR) Department.
- Interface with Clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, utilities companies, Local Authorities
Please send your CV and call Chris at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 06/12/2019