Days Monday - Friday 8:30am -5:00pm
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Controls Engineer to work at their facility based near Location
- Root cause issues that have been raised or are known, the priority to be set by the engineering managers.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of PLCs, Asi and Profi systems, inverters control modules and have the ability to transfer this knowledge to the team.
- Have a logical approach to problems.
- Compile SOPS, how to Guides and equipment training on the best practices and share this across the whole engineering team, maintaining the engineer skills matrix.
- Review the skills, SOP, Procedures matrixes reviewing for gaps and providing reports and recommendations.
- Be proficient in the use of the CMMS, SCADA, WMS when root causing.
- Attend meetings with management as required.
- Adhere to all the H&S standards for the engineering team, also reviewing key SOPS on a regular basis.
- Have the ability to manage and prioritise your own work with informed decision making.
- Work with each engineering team leader and understand the team's training and development needs.
- Providing monthly reports to your manager on progress and findings, with recommendations for team.
- Maintain the operational condition of the PG lap tops and all the essential addressing and measuring equipment for the engineering team, ensure there is a register of assets and that they are working and available to the teams.
- Work to achieving the engineering KPIs.
- Be able to look at issues honestly and report back the root cause, even of this is People, Process, Training, operations with accurate information to allow the engineering manager.
- Maintain a flexible approach to working hours to suit the business needs.
- De skill where possible all technical interventions so the engineering team can carry out tasks easily and quickly.
- Assist with the sites continuous projects as directed.
- Excellent Understanding of SCADA, WMS and CMMS in terms of data analysis.
- Siemens S7 proficiency - Essential
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Drive and ambition not to be defeated with technical issues.
- Able to ask for help and training from the OEMS as required.
- Have continuous improvement experience with Root Causing, Kazan and the right first time mythology.
- Have a tenacious attitude to resolving issues and implementing lasting solution.
- Have the ability to develop and coach the engineering team at all levels.
- Able to interpret data from the engineering systems to Improve plant efficiency.
- Profi bus and Asi bus working knowledge
- Inverters and controls working knowledge
- SOP and Report input for the teams.
- Management experience and dealing with customers and stakeholders.
- HND/HNC in electrical engineering.
- Profi and asi bus training
- Inverters, SEW
- Training experience
- SOPS and reports writing
- Completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
Please send your CV and call Holly at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/07/2021