Digital Industrial Engineer
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Digital Industrial Engineer to work at their facility based near Bridgend
- This is an opportunity for an Industrial Engineer to work within our multi-disciplinary manufacturing facility, to be responsible for the delivery of industry 4.0 solutions.
- Your role will involve identifying use cases for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) technology, utilizing 'big data' to improve quality, reliability, and reduce costs.
- You will be part of a team championing a data first mindset to increase the use of connected devices, dashboards and more, leading to the smart factory of the future.
- Identification and implementation of IIOT technologies such as smart sensors, imaging devices and more in support of the Industry 4.0 roadmap.
- Define and implement quality/deliver/cost improvements to current and proposed processes and production areas.
- As a LABS site, working collaboratively with the wider team. Evaluate and provide feedback, including Proof of Concept (PoC), Proof of Value (PoV) from a real world manufacturing site's perspective, on cutting edge IIOT solutions at development stage.
- Guiding the developments of the above to also realise tangible benefit to our own manufacturing site's systems, processes and people.
- Seek out opportunities for use of new technologies and hardware/software solutions, supporting the connected factory.
- Encourage the use, and adoption of IIoT systems around the factory.
- Provide training in the use of, and communicating the benefits of IIOT solutions to relevant parties upon successful implementation and throughout the deployment process.
- HNC or higher in a technical subject, preferably Software, Electrical, Industrial, IT, or IIOT.
- Ability to analyse data using industry standard BI Tools for root cause investigation, and summarize findings logically and clearly.
- Project management and coordination skills to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Lean, Kaizen, SPC, 5S and other philosophies highly beneficial.
- Ability to write Software (C, python, Java or similar), use of Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PLC
- Basic Networking Knowledge
- Ability to seek out opportunities for improvement within the facility, utilizing necessary tools where appropriate (DMAIC, FMEA, DFM, Potential Problem Analysis).
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 15/02/2022