39 hours per week
Our client is currently recruiting a Distribution Manager on a full time, permanent basis. This key role will manage the day to day of the logistics function at the Wrexham site. This will include the management of labour, goods inwards, finished goods components, product cutting and planning allocation. The job holder will be focussed on achieving logistic and objectives, including key customer service measures such as on time delivery, ensuring maximum efficiency at minimum cost.
- Effectively manage the day to day activity of a logistics department, including goods inwards, finished goods components, product cutting and planning allocation. This includes recruitment, people management, manpower planning, training and development and managing performance.
- Deployment of suitably skilled labour, managing efficient utilisation of resources with a focus on productivity and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to at all the times and objectives achieved. Complete 6 S audits, safety audits, inspections completed, and actions closed out.
- Achieve and maintain high levels of customer service; responsible for performance to KPIs such as on time delivery, on time in full, cost per tonne and despatch lead time.
- Ensuring Quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure relevant knowledge of management plan and indirect labour costs, production plans and material availability.
- Interface between the Commercial, Planning, Quality, Production teams to ensure Customer requirements are understood and prioritised.
- Manage subcontractor company relationships with transport and drum teams and ensure any issues are overcome and procedures are followed.
- Utilisation of SAP for reporting and goods receipting. Manging invoice queries, receipting transport invoices. Also managing incoming affiliate cable processes.
- Support the operational management of contracts with 3rd party suppliers for packaging and distribution, including a positive development of relationships with carriers, hauliers, and other logistics service providers.
- Provide adequate reporting tools to facilitate the effective management of 3rd party logistics contracts.
- Deliver continuous improvement projects to ensure optimisation of the distribution centre including cost reduction and service delivery improvements through introduction of best practice and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure increased profitability throughout the business through improvements in operational efficiency, productivity, and reporting.
- Applicants will ideally have previous experience of working in a high-volume Logistics department and managing a despatch team.
- Be computer literate, with a working knowledge of MS Office Applications and SAP.
- Be able to work well under pressure and flexible to meet demanding deadlines.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- You will be able demonstrate the proven ability to lead, motivate, co-ordinate and direct a team of operators to achieve departmental targets and objectives.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/02/2022