Our client is currently looking to recruit a Distribution Manager to manage the high-volume Distribution Facility within the Aberdare site, including the despatch of product manufactured within Aberdare and the delivery of finished goods from other manufacturing sites. The job holder will be focussed on achieving logistic and supply chain objectives, including key customer service measures such as on time delivery, ensuring maximum efficiency at minimum cost.
- Effectively manage a varied team, including office staff and dispatch operators within a fast paced, high volume 24/7 distribution environment, including coaching, training, appraisals and managing performance.
- Deployment of suitably skilled labour, managing efficient utilisation of resources with a focus on productivity and continuous improvement.
- Manage the operational effectiveness of High Bay storage and trucks performance.
- Achieve and maintain high levels of customer service; responsible for performance to KPIs such as on time delivery, on time in full, cost per tonne and despatch lead time.
- Ensure relevant knowledge of management plan and indirect labour costs, production plans and material availability.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to at all the times and objectives achieved.
- Interface between the Commercial Department and Distribution Centre to ensure Customer requirements are understood and prioritised.
- Support the operational management of contracts with 3rd party suppliers for packaging and distribution, including a positive development of relationships with carriers, hauliers and other logistics service providers.
- Provide adequate reporting tools to facilitate the effective management of 3rd party logistics contracts.
- Deliver continuous improvement projects to ensure optimisation of the distribution centre including cost reduction and service delivery improvements through introduction of best practice and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure increased profitability throughout the business through improvements in operational efficiency, productivity and reporting.
- Applicants will ideally be qualified to Degree Level or have a Business Studies qualification with previous experience of working in a high-volume Logistics / Distribution Management role, involving the supervision of operators.
- Be computer literate, with a working knowledge of MS Office Applications and SAP, be able to work well under pressure, be flexible to meet demanding deadlines,
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills, you will be able demonstrate the proven ability to lead, motivate, co-ordinate and direct a team of operators to achieve departmental targets and objectives.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 26/11/2021