Electrical and Controls Engineer
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for an Electrical & Controls Engineer to work at their facility based near Wigan
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to; Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems. Read and understand safety requirements. Additional responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Follow lock out/tag out and all safety procedures
- Troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Understand and perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Read and understand prints and perform troubleshooting and installation based on those documents.
- Read and understand equipment manuals
- Research equipment using online techniques to search for documents.
- Generate purchase requisitions for equipment as needed.
- Document work and communicate to peers and supervisor.
- Two-year certificate or diploma from college or technical school and at least three years of related experience and/or training desired. Diploma not required with 10+ years of related experience.
- On the job Training
- Experience in PLC's, basic electric and electronic trouble shooting desirable
- Experience in PLC's, basic electric and electronic trouble shooting essential
- Experience with pumps and pneumatics desired
- Experience with pumps and pneumatics essential
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated math skills; ability to work various hours, including overtime; ability to work with minimal supervision.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 20/02/2022