£38,500 (2 days/ 2 Nights)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer (electrical bias) to work at their facility based near Leyland
- Diagnosis, resolution and elimination of root causes of engineering faults.
- Design, trial and implementation of minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance.
- Completion of all scheduled, planned corrective, reactive and improvement maintenance as allocated.
- Support to the implementation of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area
- Ensure completion of equipment diaries, handover records, incident reports. Completion of notifications & Work orders within PM for all work allocated to team. Raise purchase orders where required.
- Attendance and input to all relevant operational, engineering and CI meetings.
- Maintain compliance to all internal and statutory legislation with particular regard to PTW, LOTO and Risk Mgt Standards including Risk assessment.
- Meet with Team Leader at start and end of shift to agree operational and engineering priorities.
- Work collaboratively with all adjacent teams (TL's, Op's Team and Technical Ops) to resolve issues rapidly and drive improvement.
- Previous experience of working within a similar FMCG manufacturing / factory engineering department.
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills.
- Decisive, pro-active, self-motivated and assertive, with ability to work under own supervision.
- Internal customer focus with the ability to adapt to the variable demands of the business.
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution.
- Ability to influence, persuade and lead at all levels of the business.
- Appropriate Technical Qualification (C&G Minimum, BTEC ONC / TEC 3 or higher preferred).
- IEE 17th / 18th Edition.
- Completion of a recognised Apprenticeship.
- IT literate - Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good analytical and numeric ability.
- IOSH qualification (Preferred).
- PLC familiarity - Siemens S7 preferred.
- MEWP trained.
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of operation of production equipment used within the Paper Industry.
- Good knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application.
- Awareness of the practical implications of all relevant Statutory legislation (PUWER, EAWA, LOLER, Supply Of Machinery Regs, Functional Safety, Pressure Regs).
- Planning skills for allocated work.
- Working knowledge of Internal risk management standards - PTW (WAH, Hot, Confined, LOTO / Isolation, Chemical)
- Data analysis and identification of trends.
- Understanding of CI Methodologies and the associated tools.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Exceptional Fault Finding Skills including knowledge of structured Fault Finding Techniques.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea Howard at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 08/01/2021