Electrical Shift Engineer
£40,000 Per Annum
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Shift Engineer to work at their facility based near Bala
- Responsible for all reactive and proactive maintenance work, whilst making sure it is carried out to the highest possible standards across the whole of the site.
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory.
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response, and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently either alone and/or as part of a team.
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output.
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPI's through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance.
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work.
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that there is low Engineering down-time
- Improve OEE.
- Maintain daily Engineering report log.
- Assist with stores organisation/stock control.
- Ensure work orders are completed on time.
- Liaise effectively with external contractors.
- Able to operate the effluent treatment plant when required.
- Willing to learn new skills (on and off the job) and train others if and when required.
- Represent the Engineering department in production meetings and contribute to effective communication within the Engineering team.
- Make sure that there is good reporting and communication channels in place between Production, the Engineering team, and Engineering Manager.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with Production Managers.
- Present a good image of the Engineering department, act in a professional and positive manner at all times.
- To comply with and assist with implementation of company food safety, quality and legality policies as they relate to the role
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject.
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline; and
- Possess 17th or 18th Edition Certification.
Please send your CV and call Courtney at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/06/2022