Electrical Shift Technician
£38,000 - £40,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Shift Technician to work at their facility based near Deeside
- The Shift Technician is responsible for maximising availability of plant equipment through effective preventative and reactive maintenance on a fast moving production line.
- The Shift Technician is usually the only engineering team member working on a given shift. This means they will usually have a control / electrical background but must be capable of undertaking basic mechanical repairs.
- They must adopt a flexible approach to work, be capable of working independently and taking a lead in implementing repair work, and deciding when to ask for additional support.
- Equipment Efficiencies - To maintain the plant by performing planned preventative and predictive maintenance tasks and efficient response to plant breakdowns.
- Safety & Compliance - Comply with the Company's Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- Continuous Improvement - Active engagement in plant CI activities.
- Capable of obtaining information from electrical drawings of various standards
- Fully conversant with motor starters and control systems
- Good understanding of motor variable speed technology (preferably ABB)
- Understanding of relay logic systems
- Understanding of networked PLC systems including ability to fault find and perform programming functions (preferably Siemens S7 / Profibus / ASI)
- Understanding of electronic weight control
- Familiarity with a variety of instrumentation types
- Capable of taking on project tasks and seeing them through from conception to implementation
- Mechanical aptitude
- Clear understanding of electrical (e.g. 17th Edition Wiring Regulations) and process safety standards
- Understanding of the principles of the HASWA and associated regulations
- Awareness of the principles of Environment Agency / Natural Resources Wales requirements
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date 20/01/2020