Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Continental Days)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Birmingham Airport.
Our Client is experiencing growth and as a result is expanding their maintenance team.
- To support the manufacturing process by responding effectively to equipment breakdowns, carrying out scheduled maintenance work and being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults.
- To respond effectively to equipment breakdowns and ensure maximum focus is given to their nominated production area
- To fault find in an effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines historic / information documentation
- To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and to work flexibly with them
- To train operational team members to perform minor maintenance tasks and to assist in major repairs
- Ensuring that machinery is maintained, and repaired to a high standard.
- Pro-active in the reduction of engineering downtime and continuous improvement of the process and the department.
- The successful candidate will ideally be electrical apprenticeship qualified or educated to HNC level or equivalent and will have worked within a Heavy Industrial or Chemical environment.
- A background in Heavy Industrial / Chemical / Machining will be a distinct advantage however not a prerequisite.
- You must be an excellent communicator and be able to plan and organise efficiently.
- 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations.
- Working knowledge of PLC's (fault finding or part programming)
- The role requires the successful candidate to work at Height/Confined spaces
- Able to read electrical drawings
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
- If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
- This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.