Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Salary £47,000 Per Annum
Wigan 4 on 4 off (2 days/2nights)
gap technical are proud to be representing this established and leading manufacturing business in their search for a Electrical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Wigan
- You will be working autonomously on shifts but will be reporting to the maintenance Team Leader
- Maintain and install all electrical plant & machinery in line with company requirements
- React quickly, diagnose & repair any Electrical related problems on the plant or equipment.
- Carry out a planned preventative maintenance schedule on the full range of equipment within the site.
- Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good, safe working & clean condition.
- Interrogate PLC equipment such as Allen Bradley & Siemens.
- Complete all relevant administration associated with the task being performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Engineering Team Leader or planner.
- Ensure that you are aware of the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and that you always adhere to them.
- Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve efficiency.
- Cross departmental communication with connected associates.
- Complete Maintenance work orders, use of a CMMS system, Agility or similar
- Able to work efficiently, without supervision
- Knowledge and experience of fault finding and repairs to industrial controls & systems
- Ability to read, understand PLC logic and fault finding within
- Knowledgeable with VSD's
- Able to read schematic drawings
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Use of Microsoft office tools is essential
- Time served indentured apprenticeship or equivalent
- IET wiring regulations
- Relevant qualifications in electrical/electronics
- Proven manufacturing maintenance environment experience
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.