Engineering Shift Leader (Electrical)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Engineering Team Leader to work at their facility based near Wigan
- To assist the Maintenance Manager to maintain efficient operation of plant and equipment and maintenance of the site.
- Facilitate the management of reactive breakdowns, PPM's and documenting changes, wiring, mechanical assemblies, procedures and all engineering related issues.
- To assist the Maintenance Manager in achieving team objectives as set out by business goals, provide support with any relevant Engineering projects as dictated by team objectives.
- To work to be able to provide support within the department to cover for absence.
- Ensure that all production equipment is available to production in good order & working within capability limits; to maintain the plant register and ensure that the PPM system is up to date and effectively managed.
- Organise the work between internal resources and sub-contracting; ensuring that all Health and Safety and other guidelines are followed.
- Optimisation of spares purchase and stock holding whilst minimising exposure to downtime of equipment. To include stock checks and verification of critical spares.
- Provide cost effective and efficient support to the production process, to assist in achieving maximum production efficiency levels with the minimum of machine downtime.
- Maintain operation of plant/equipment through effective planned preventative maintenance (PPM), which will assist in maximising asset lifespan and minimising breakdowns.
- Effectively carry out fault finding analysis and problem solve the cause of plant/equipment breakdowns and resolve the problem, provide clear and consistent updates of machine availability status.
- Develop and maintain asset care history logs for all major plant/equipment to assist in breakdown problem solving analysis and preventative maintenance programme.
- Provide effective call-out cover (on a rota basis) in the case of maintenance or cleaning emergencies.
- With reference from the Maintenance Shift Manager, carryout maintenance and repairs to associated departments and offices.
- Ensure plant cleanliness and hygiene in all production areas after carrying out maintenance/repair.
- Effectively communicate with line management, operators and contractors to assist in providing a professional and competent maintenance service.
- Ensure that company quality and food hygiene standards and procedures are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Effectively comply with company policies and procedures e.g. Health & Safety, Training & Development, Quality, Disciplinary & Grievance and Sickness & Absence.
- Ensure the best interests of the company are maintained at all times.
- Proactively work to consistently high standards, and actively promote 5S standards throughout the Factory and Engineering workshop.
- Ensuring compliance and commitment to the company's standards on ethical people management (in line with the ETI Base Code). Ensuring systems are in place to monitor and promote ethical working both in your own and your team's day-to-day working activities.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 09/06/2021