Engineering Shift Manager (Panama Shift)
£55,000 - £65,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global technology company in their search for an Engineering Shift Manager to join their team near Dartford.
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager with a strong technical background and the desire to work for a forward thinking business?
If so this could be the ideal opportunity for you. As well as offering a challenging and varied role the company also offer an excellent benefits package including a company pension scheme, private medical insurance, free shares amongst some other great benefits.
Their site which boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house. At full capacity they fulfil over 200,000 customer orders a week, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Operations Manager, the focus of the Engineering Manager will be to engage with the Engineering Team Manager and shift teams.
- Delivering engineering excellence across your assigned shift, driving the department to a "right first time culture"
- Delivering safe and efficient output from the departmental engineering functions to support the site operations in delivering to customers.
- You will be required to work closely with wider site management and project/development teams; to deliver an efficient and cost effective service to the operational customers. The Engineering Manager will lead a continuous improvement culture, from departmental strategy down to daily task level, therefore you must demonstrate visible leadership and be able to drive employee engagement.
- Assessment of your engineering shift team skills and assisting in upskilling and training of staff
- Maintain and improve performance to maximise efficiency of operation in line with KPIs
- Champion safe working practices
- Involvement in disciplinary issues in conjunction with the HR Team
- Involvement in the recruitment and training of new and existing staff
- Leadership of your shift team members including prioritisation and allocation of workload; deploying labour based on the demands and requirements of the task against the competency and capability of resource
- Demonstrating a relentless focus on the quality and detail of everything you and your team undertake
- Conduct performance and probation review meetings
- Champion the process of continuous improvement and developing business cases for funding and detailing implementation plans, with which to guide your management team in delivering initiatives
- Provide training, mentoring, coaching and development of your shift team
- HNC Engineering or equivalent; Engineering Technician Apprenticeship; Or Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ level 3.
- Experience at management or senior supervisory level ideally within an automated or manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage MHE systems, gained from experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach
- Previous experience of managing KPI's to target
- Previous experience in a 24/7 productivity conscious warehouse environment (desirable)
- The ability to engage and enthuse a diverse team in a time-constrained environment
Please send your CV and call Izabela at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 07/12/2019