Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
£38,500 + Fantastic Benefits
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Multi Skilled Engineer to work at their facility based near Darwen
- To support the manufacturing process by responding effectively to equipment breakdowns, carrying out scheduled maintenance work and being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults.
- To respond effectively to equipment breakdowns and ensure maximum focus is given to their nominated production area
- To fault find in an effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines historic / information documentation
- To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and to work flexibly with them
- To train operational team members to perform minor maintenance tasks and to assist in major repairs
- Ensuring that machinery is maintained and repaired to a high standard.
- Pro-active in the reduction of engineering downtime and continuous improvement of the process and the department.
- Experienced multi-skilled technician ideally with a high competence in Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument, PLC knowledge and experience also a benefit
- HNC / ONC qualified in a relevant background (Desirable)
- Will have completed an Engineering apprenticeship in a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally from a chemical background but others will be considered (FMCG etc.)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and reactive environment and experienced in fault finding as well as pro-active maintenance.
- Experience of working with computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Familiar with safe systems of work such as Permit to Work, Enter, Hot Work, Confined Space Entry
- High concern for Safety and standards
Please send your CV and call Georgia at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 21/03/2020