Materials Co-ordinator / Engineering Stores
6 Month temporary contract
£11- £13ph DOE
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a Materials Co-ordinator to work at their facility based near Blackburn
- The Materials Coordinator assists in the efficient operation of the Inbound Supply operations through the planning and management of suppliers and third-party warehouses.
- Control is exercised through the ERP system and by identifying the critical material requirements of the manufacturing operations.
- Relationships are built and maintained with key suppliers and operations through collaboration, balanced with negotiating skills and persistence.
- The role requires arising issues with Inbound Supply to be identified and dealt with before they cause disruption.
- Responsible for the daily operations of a busy Engineering stores.
- Booking in items, organising and setting up new systems and controls for the stores department.
- Review, raise and confirm Blanket Order Requisitions with suppliers whilst ensuring data is tracked and maintained for complete visibility of underwritten materials held in suppliers' warehouse
- Coordinate the Call-Off of materials by raising Call-Off POs against manufacturing requirements, whilst adhering to approval procedures
- Maintain the inventory levels of key materials within agreed targets - stock cover & value
- Support the Inventory process to ensure inventory accuracy levels are above the agreed business KPI
- Support the business in achieving the agreed OTIF KPI
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date Delivery schedules
- Suggest, monitor and support cost and waste reduction opportunities
- Arrange the rework of materials if required. Track monthly costs
- Liaise with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods - work to solve problems.
- Investigate and resolve shortfalls in delivery quantities
- Facilitate the flow of materials between various departments
- Coordinate material requirements from third party warehouses, ensuring collaboration with logistics functions.
- Prepare and maintain records on vendor quality and performance to support vendor evaluation scorecards
- Continuous Improvement
- A-levels or equivalent required
- 2 years' experience in an Engineering Stores
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/05/2022