Engineering Team Leader
Continental Days & Nights (2Days/2nights/4off)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for an Engineering Team Leader to work at their facility based near Wrexham
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment, whilst enforcing safety rules and regulations. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating regular safety meetings, performing regular safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Drives improvements for safer and more ergonomic working conditions.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property.
- Responsible for maintaining environmental protection, energy optimisation and waste management. This includes promoting correct segregation of waste, regular inspections and investigating environmental incidents as required.
- Responsible for maintaining process quality in accordance with the Groups Packaging Operations' process and quality standards.
- Facilitate implementation and adherence to Hygiene and HACCP systems.
- Monitor and investigate high levels of HFI.
Performance (Output, Efficiency, Spoilage):
- Ensures necessary actions are taken to meet Quality, Cost, Delivery targets: set targets, track daily achievements, make appropriate adjustments in resources and organisation, analyse results, identify, and implement actions to attain desired result.
- Promotes/drives continuous improvements for the team and the production department (through 5S, implementation of improvement ideas, SMED, etc.
- Handover all necessary information to upcoming shift
- Handover safe and clean working environment to upcoming shift.
- Transparent flow of communications to the shift members, to the management and to the support functions.
- Inputs, retrieves, and evaluates information to and from computer systems to evaluate performance of shift.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, Plant, and wider Company, which includes the ability to handle significant demands and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimise conflicts.
- HNC / HND / Time-served apprenticeship or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Managing and directing team effectively in a fast speed, high volume manufacturing environment
- Driving performance and achieving targets
- Achieving Objectives, both team and personal
- A flexible approach to work content in-line with day-to-day requirements
- Evidence of self-motivation, an ability to use your own initiative and to work with a level of responsibility
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 27/05/2022