£22,000 - £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
Gap Technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for Engineering Technicians to work at their facility based near Dartford.
Are you a junior engineer with electrical qualification and the desire to work for a forward thinking, technologically advanced business?
If so this could be the ideal opportunity for you. As well as offering a challenging and varied role the company also offer an excellent benefits package including private healthcare
The group is a global business that have market leading technology onsite.
The purpose of this role is to set-up, operate, monitor and improve automated packing equipment used for the packing of products on a range of shift patterns, to undertake change over and basic daily maintenance. To trouble shoot and resolve equipment issues in a quick and effective manner.
- To set-up, operate, monitor and improve automated equipment on a range of shift patterns in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) ensuring packing schedules are achieved.
- To ensure all equipment is operating at agreed standards to allow effective planning and achievement of customer service commitments. Monitor equipment performance, fault find and make appropriate adjustments.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Set equipment to ensure minimum downtime levels, minimum product damage/waste, support machine start-up, changeovers, testing and cleaning activities in accordance with SOP's
- Assist, where appropriate in basic equipment maintenance, as instructed by Engineering Manager
- Ensure good housekeeping standards and complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
- Qualifications/Experience: Degree in either Electrical, Electronics or Mechatronics preferred
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
- Experience of using hand tools and replacing parts in engineering / mechanical environment.
- Ideally proven experience of setting and operating high speed automated packing equipment.
- Knowledge of control systems would be preferred
- Working across Panama shift including days, nights, weekdays & some weekends
To apply please send your CV and call Izzy at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 23/12/2019