Field Quality Analyst
£27,585 per annum
Monday - Thursday 8am-4:30pm / Friday 8am-1pm
Our client based in Wrexham have identified a need for a Field Quality Analyst working within the Quality Control Department who will work closely with Engineering, Production Engineering, Production and Q.C. itself, to bring about improvements in market quality and compliance and so further enhance our client's reputation with its major customers.
- The candidate will be expected to study and analyse the Service Call Rate data provided by the customers with a view to identifying issues on product quality that may arise, and also monitor any trends that may indicate an increase in service calls that would need to be addressed. These issues would then be communicated to management and staff, and then temporary countermeasures and permanent corrective actions would be introduced where necessary to stabilise and then improve any negative trends highlighted by this customer data.
- The candidate would be expected to be able to disseminate the latest information and trends to management, and technical and non-technical staff alike, so that courses of action can be agreed and followed up in a timely and effective manner.
- You should be able to understand statistical data with a view to extracting useful quality information and use it as a management tool to generate and lead a coordinated response and action plan from key departments within the company.
- You should also feel comfortable playing a part in reporting back on a regular basis to our client's major customers through the existing meetings and T.V. conferences that are currently held.
- The outputs and performance indicators from this role will purely relate to the levels of improvement in quality trends and reductions in service calls that all our client's customers have the right to demand, and to offer ongoing assurance that when issues do arise, a Field Quality Analyst is in place who will provide the focus and single mindedness to provide timely solutions in a professional and efficient manner.
- Relevant technical qualifications (in consumer electronics and/or quality) would be beneficial.
- It would be more useful if the successful candidate had a good working knowledge of consumer product construction and an analytical approach to raw data.
- An essential requirement will be the ability to recognise priority issues and compile usable information on which to base plans for team action often encompassing all departments at all levels.
- Full training will be given in all aspects of the job.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/10/2021