Very Competitive + Benefits Including a bonus
Welwyn Garden City
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Financial Controller to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City / Hatfield
- Manage financial and legal compliance, working with external advisors and internal colleagues.
- Provide commercial finance support to the EFC and other key stakeholders
- Using the financial control framework, ensure compliance in accordance with the Parent Company's policies and procedures
- Manage the preparation and submission of financial statements to the US parent.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances
- Manage a small finance staff based in WGC
- Acting as the main point of contact for the external auditors and any other stakeholders ensuring to provide all financial information as required
- Working with other Financial Controllers across Europe to standardise procedures and other projects such as cost reduction.
- Manage a range of administrative and compliance issues for the business including insurance, banking relationships, payroll (using external service provider) etc.
- Ensure SOX compliance continually reducing failures with a zero failure target.
- Manage the preparation and review of standard costing in compliance with US GAAP.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of company taxes i.e. VAT, Corporation Tax, Duty.
- Recommending appropriate changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls
- Accountable for ensuring the stock takes are carried out correctly and accurately
- Recommend improvements that will support operational efficiencies and working practices
- Carry out any additional reasonable requests made by the business within the individual's capabilities and possessing the necessary experience and training.
- Professionally qualified - Ideally CIMA, ACA
- Practical training within a SME sized company, possessing 3-5 years PQE
- Good understanding of business and financial issues
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Mixed Audit and Corporate background
- Experience of resolving people management issues
- Recognised Management Qualification
- Experience of manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.