Functional Safety Engineer
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Functional Safety Engineer to work at their facility based near Rochester
- Defining safety requirements from internal risk assessments as well as legislative requirements.
- Working with product teams from concept through to engineering sign off, ensuring the design is capable and achieves safety performance targets.
- Provide support and guidance were appropriate to product teams on how they may be able to achieve safety requirements.
- Analyse safety functions though FMEA, SISTEMA modelling, fault tree analysis and other techniques as required.
- Present analysis to the product team, ensuring the system is modelled accurately and agreed.
- Create test requirements for specific safety functions
- Ensuring gate functional safety processes are followed and required activities completed ready for compliance team audit.
- Be able to understand and interrogate complex systems.
- Experience interpreting standards and their application to products.
- Proven ability to work amongst a multidiscipline team, capable of succinct explanation and effective collaboration.
- Experience of systems engineering and V model completion including:
- Requirements capture & generation
- Validation and verification activities
- External certification approvals
- Qualified to HND/degree level in a relevant technology discipline or equivalent experience.
- Project delivery experience and support.
- Understanding of and adherence to quality systems and processes.
- Working knowledge of safety system modelling techniques.
- Sound IT skills to help reporting and metric creation.
- Awareness of system delivery standards - ISO13849 / ISO15998 / ISO26262 or equivalent
- Understanding of IEC 61508 Functional Safety
Please send your CV and call Ben at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 07/07/2022