Graduate / Software Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Software Engineer to work at their facility based near Bridgend
- We are looking for an enthusiastic back-end developer that will be responsible for driving the implementation of our smart factory solutions.
- The successful candidate will be responsible implementing and designing a completely new product, interpreting business requirements and delivering back-end code that supports the development of our Smart Factory API.
- You will be expected to collaborate with various business divisions, with guidance from our talented Principal Engineer.
- Working with our front-end development team to drive greater improvements and efficiencies in our business.
- Design and implementation of NoSQL databases.
- Translating specifications and business requirements into robust backend code.
- Ensure that systems and applications are correctly documented according to software engineering best practice.
- Work closely with our creative team producing and managing creative design projects.
- Help develop businesses through design across multiple channels, applying commonly known software design patterns to problems.
- Ensure all design work is created to budget, schedule, brief and with a strong drive towards innovation and creativity.
- Keep up to date with technology trends and culture, attend events and engage with the wider creative community.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Be comfortable developing server-side software.
- Commercial experience in back-end software development.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge inNode.js (ES5 & ES6, Express.js, Socket.io, JSON) and REST.
- Use of object-relational mapping libraries
- Understand automated testing
- Experience with distributed databases i.e., Couchbase
- Knowledge of OPC-UA
- Ability to display a sound knowledge in:
- CI/CD (Jenkins or GitHub Actions)
- Caching and Search Engines
- Jira / Asana
- CLEAN architecture
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 13/02/2022