Health and Safety Assistant
£23k per annum
Monday to Friday - Days
Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking to recruit a Health and Safety Assistant on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to provide administration and site support for health and safety on a permitted site. This is a development role where the person will be expected to work towards and gain a NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety Management. It is expected that the job holder would spend a significant part of their day out and about in the various departments on site.
- To promote and encourage excellence in health and safety standards.
- Identify good practices; better methods of work; encourage higher standards; encourage reporting of incidents; ensure a full investigation is undertaken including actions tracked and closed out in a timely manner.
- Arrange monitoring requirements using both internal and external providers and administration of the Health & Safety management system.
- Attendance on SHE Committee meetings, external audits, and project meetings.
- Support in the further development of Risk Assessments, and Visual Work Instructions including training for support functions.
- Work with other departments to enable a swift implementation of new working methods backed up by completed risk assessments and method statements.
- To perform any other duties necessary, as instructed by Senior management, to carry out the job function to the achievement of Company objectives.
- To be committed to a strong EHS culture on site. Ensuring that all staff are competent, adequately trained and supported to enable them to carry out their duties safely.
- To adhere to Health & Safety / Environmental Statutory and Company Rules and Regulations.
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' experience in a Safety/Health/Hygiene or Environment role in a manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Experience in preparing Risk Assessments and Method Statements or procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Office
- Persistent, energetic, and enthusiastic in approach to working and achieving objectives
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 31/01/2022