gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a EHS / HSE Officer to work at their facility based near Wrexham
- Ensure compliance against Health Safety and Envirnment policy, through monitoring and conducting site audits.
- Ensure that all accidents and near misses are investigated to the root cause and instillation of preventative controls/ actions.
- Manage the notification/ reporting of RIDDOR accidents to the HSE.
- Conduct and lead safety awareness/ alerts through toolbox talks.
- Develop and maintain the site emergency team, selection, and maintenance of fire wardens and first aid support on site.
- Ensure the site has all relevant risk assessments and method statements documented with relevant controls implemented and maintained.
- Drive continuous improvement, through effective leadership of H&S representatives, initiate and drive action plans to achieve "best practices".
- Work with the Plant Manager and manufacturing personnel to ensure practical problem resolution to ensure a safe working environment for all site employees and visitors.
- Develop an effective Health and Safety leadership on site, including an effective team of H&S reps throughout the company.
- Promote a positive HSE culture and develop employee training programmes.
- To assist with the core function in compliance of Quality matters as identified, in line with business needs.
- Collect and analyse performance matrixes to provide monthly HSE reports.
- Purchase Order limits for equipment & services
- Operate within relevant budgetary restrictions and purchasing controls.
- Qualified member of an appropriate HSE professional body such as IOSH or NEBOSH.
- Comprehensive understanding of UK HSE legislative requirements.
- Adhere to Company protocol as laid out in the Company Handbook.
- A desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace/ department.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 16/06/2022