HR & Payroll Officer
£40k per annum
Based in Wrexham, a vacancy has arisen for a HR and Payroll Officer to join our client's team. You will provide comprehensive HR support and have overall responsibility for HR, Payroll, Training, Health and Safety and Administration. You will comply with all company regulations including Contract of Employment and regulations specified in the Company Handbook. You will comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and Company Health and Safety policies and practices along with supporting and maintaining flexibility in all working practices.
- Overall responsibility for key employment areas including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Manpower Planning, Training, Contracts and Payroll.
- Supervising and providing guidance and support to all areas within the HR Department.
- Overall responsibility for control of department budget.
- Providing advice to management on any personnel related issues including interpreting company rules/policies, general employment law and major company issues.
- Providing advice to Senior Management i.e., managerial appraisals, promotions.
- Manpower Planning - Ensuring adequate manpower is available to meet the changing business needs, including transferring of staff from department to department, introduction of new shifts, termination of shifts.
- Recruitment up to and including management positions.
- Review of terms and conditions including salary calculations and variations of shift patterns.
- Conducting disciplinaries including dismissals and appeals.
- Control of job evaluation process.
- Dealing with adhoc employee grievances/queries - Welfare issues.
- Union negotiations including attendance at factory committee.
- Preparation and presentation of reports/statistics/policies and guidelines.
- Attending management meetings.
- Dealing with BUPA documentation for Managers and above.
- Dealing with external contacts/press/media.
- Managing all aspects of GDPR.
- Running monthly and fortnightly payroll.
- HMRC electronic submissions.
- Dealing with enquiries at all levels and resolving any issues.
- Pensions administration and reporting.
- Auditing of payroll processes and developing and refining procedures.
- Analysing and reporting on payroll and absence data.
- Manpower and attendance reporting.
- Collaborating with HR to maintain employee data.
- Applying salary increases/attendance bonus/overtime.
- Previous experience of working within a HR and Payroll role.
- CIPD or equivalent HR qualification desirable.
- Experience of working on MitreFinch Employee Management System.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff and external contacts.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Occasionally be able and willing to work unsocial hours.
- Able to maintain a professional manner with a high attention to detail.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28/02/2022