£35,800 - Panama Shift
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for an Instrument Technician to work at their facility based near Exeter
- Construct and calibrate thermocouples for use with plant instrumentation.
- Design, install, calibrate and commission new instruments and thermocouples.
- Operate Maintenance Software system to maintain calibration schedules and raise purchase requisitions.
- Re-calibrate instrumentation in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Undertake, fault finding, repair and modification of thermocouples, plant instrumentation and electrical systems associated with instrumentation.
- Clean and calibrate vacuum gauges and associated control systems.
- Undertake temperature profiling of furnaces and produce reports to meet customer specification requirements.
- Arrange external certification of calibration masters.
- Undertake quality inspections of quarantine materials for instrument systems.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement within the department.
- Contribute to the departmental team objectives by accomplishing results as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Qualified to Higher National level, or equivalent, in Electrical, Marine or Aviation Engineering with a specialism in Instrumentation and also a recognised apprenticeship.
- Temperature Calibration experience.
- Skilled in PLC programming and electrical/electronic troubleshooting.
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- IT literate including word-processing, spreadsheets, email, intranet, basic CAD and an appreciation of business systems eg MP2.
- Awareness of Health & Safety
- Enthusiastic, proactive and capable of making decisions and working in a self-directed capacity.
- Flexible and open attitude to change.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player.
- A minimum of 3 years' instrument experience ideally within a heavy process industry.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Vacuum Systems.
Please send your CV and call James at gap technical on 01782 971919.
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01782 971919.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 03/04/2020