Interim HR Officer
4-month contract - 2nd August start
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Interim HR Officer to work at their facility based near Rugby
- experienced HR Officer to join our team on a temp full -time basis for 4 months. Reporting into the HR Manager you will be based in our Rugby plant.
- You will be providing generalist HR support and guidance in a fast- paced environment, leading on recruitment & generalist HR.
- You will have at least 5 years+ experience in a fast- paced manufacturing business and have experience of working within a unionised environment. You will have an excellent understanding of employment law and HR practises and be CIPD qualified, ideally Level 5 or above.
- A confident and credible member of the HR Team with high energy and be able to work in fast paced manufacturing and commercial environments.
- Experience of unionised environments.
- HR skills in both functional specialist and generalist.
- Engages all employees in the values of our business.
- Ensure all managers have appropriately detailed understanding of the full range of employee relations policies, practices, and employment law in order to manage risk.
- Supports, maintains, and develops key HR policies and adheres to legislation, support to the business and employee relations.
- Supports the Management in key negotiations and fosters constructive working relationship with the local trade unions and employee forums.
- Acts as an internal consultant for managers, supporting and guiding managers towards appropriate actions and conclusions on all employee relations issues keeping appropriate records.
- Works with managers to conduct a local detailed training and learning needs analysis for the short, medium, and long term and evaluates its effectiveness
- Sound knowledge of the apprenticeship Levy.
- Works with managers to develop a specific local learning intervention to close key gaps that aligns with succession plan and coaches managers to communicate clearly to employees on performance and reward matters.
- Works with managers to resolve individual performance/capability issues using appropriate tools, e.g. performance improvement plans and supports in taking swift action as appropriate.
- Manages all local recruitment needs in line with the Group policy, diversity, and equality legislation up and including management recruitment.
- Ownership of payroll for Rugby office with support from the Payroll team ensuring compliance in line with SOX regulations.
- Support all aspects of HR compliance and administration to provide accurate and secure employee data which is regularly open to audit.
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office and HR systems, ideally Success Factors and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Qualification: CIPD Level 5
- Computer Skills: MS Office to include Word and Excel would be an advantage.
- HR Systems: Knowledge of SAP, Time & Attendance
- Ability to demonstrate good decision making in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Must be action orientated and a desire to achieve results / persevere.
- Must be flexible and with appropriate training be willing to work in other areas to support team members, occasionally at short notice.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/08/2021