IT Support Technician
Negotiable dependant on experience
Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
Our client based in the Sandycroft area are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician. As a first line technician, you will be working closely with a small, dedicated team of professionals providing information communications technology to the wider business. Your role will be varied and no one day will be the same. The purpose of this role is to provide first line support to all customers and first-class customer care in delivering requests and issuing resolutions. Ideally you will come from a first line team with at least 12 months experience in a fast-paced organisation. You will be required to travel between sites and be proficient in trouble shooting Windows 10 and the Microsoft suite of products. You will receive training in house for specialist software.
- Support operational hours between 08:00 - 18:00 (shifts vary depending on business need).
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents.
- To resolve incidents with Windows 10 across a range of software applications.
- Help to maintain active directory permissions, users and groups.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related tickets or queries.
- Escalating incidents where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install and configure new IT hardware.
- To upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- To maintain network printers, copiers, and scanners.
- To maintain a first-class level of customer service.
- Working to defined processes/policies.
- Be willing to travel when the need arises to support any of the sites.
- Support the implementation of any IT changes.
- Ensure documentation is maintained and updates as necessary.
- Work with 3rd party support teams and suppliers to provide the best service possible.
- Use Microsoft best practices.
- Provide assistance with projects and no notice incident response support.
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated from time to time.
- Good awareness of the role of support services in first line delivery.
- Always behaves in a professional manner.
- Able to document processes and procedures.
- Awareness of GDPR.
- The ability to learn and adopt new systems.
- Excellent face to face, telephone and written communication skills
- Operates well unsupervised.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Proficient fault finder and problem solver in first line issues.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- An excellent understanding of Microsoft 365 suite of products.
- Experience with File Permissions.
- Experience in installing software.
- Experience of Microsoft Intune would be advantageous.
- Experience network patching and connectivity would be advantageous.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/09/2021