gap Technical are working with Ifor Williams Trailers, Britain's leading trailer manufacturer, operating at four advanced manufacturing sites across North Wales. We are looking for a Junior Buyer to join the team on a permanent basis at their Deeside site. As the Junior Buyer you will research and interpret critical business data and turn it into information which can offer ways to improve supply chain by directly impacting business decisions. The Junior Buyer will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends in relation to global European and national pricing indices, existing supplier volumes, prices, KPI'S and tactical spot prices from new and emerging suppliers. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Procurement Analyst will report back to the wider business/relevant colleagues including purchasing and company directors. This role requires strong skills in data analysis, presentation of findings and high requirement for accuracy plus the ability to understand and interpret base information and own recommendations and conclusions.
- Collecting and interpreting data.
- Analysing results.
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business.
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets.
- Working alongside teams within the business to establish business needs.
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes.
- Minimum of 2 years in an equivalent role having developed business skills and behaviours to allow high levels of accuracy, timeliness and the ability to manage complex projects to tight timelines.
- Experience of working in supply chain and or manufacturing (desirable) in order to have gained an appreciation for the expectations of high paced engineering lead business requirements.
- Degree in the following subjects; Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Accounting and Business with strong data management (Big data & Analysis).
- Experience in data models and reporting packages - Advanced excel essential.
- Other packages desirable - MRP/ ERP, other statistical software packages (probably via university studies) supply chain planning software.
- Ability to analyse large datasets.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports - preferably around RFQ's and related supply chain tendering/supplier processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presenting to seasoned procurement professionals and company directors.
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and experience of working on tenders, supplier reviews, market analysis and presenting findings in a logical and systematic manner.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/04/2021