£12.50 per hour
6 month temp to perm
Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.45pm and Friday 8am - 12.30pm
Welwyn Garden City
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Junior Engineer to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City
- Work across three shifts patterns when required
- Being a catalyst for change.
- Determine milestones, key characteristics and specifications required throughout the project.
- Create project schedules for all elements needed.
- Maintain and review project progress.
- Recognise areas of concern, adapt and resolve.
- Provide technical & engineering support for all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Support engineers in carrying out their duties
- Answer defect reports and process Engineering Change Requests in a timely manner
- Follow engineering, quality & company procedures.
- Develop, implement & Monitor "Best Practice" lean manufacturing processes to achieve Business goals.
- To create, maintain & update route cards, BOMS and technical documents
- Ensure engineering and quality requirements for products are fully understood and met
- Assist with estimates, technical and manufacturing proposals to support bids
- Assist with Customer Returns and complaints
- Assist with tool design, manufacture, repair and purchase.
- Develop, implement & sustain a safe working culture ensuring Health & Safety requirements are complied with and improved where necessary.
- Produce and update risk assessments FMEA as required.
- Liaise with other unit leaders and other functions as necessary and support customer visits as required.
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe environment according to safe practices - report deviation from H&S good practice immediately.
- Preserve a close and collaborative relationship with all departments
- Engineering Degree or Apprenticeship Qualification
- Basic understanding of drawings
- Familiarity of working in a low volume manufacturing environment Experience in an ISO controlled environment.
- Familiar with using an MRP system
- Awareness of Health & Safety requirements relating of engineering principles to manufacturing
- Basic understanding
- PC literate with intermediate skills Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Able to facilitate small groups
- Good communication skills
- Ability to command respect of people at all levels of the organization
- CAD experience Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Inspection procedures & standards
- Knowledge of MRP
- MS Project
Please send your CV via the application and call Abby at gap technical on 07702 870530
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 07702 870530
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 20/12/2019