gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Laboratory Manager to work at their facility based near Somerset
- Responsible for ensuring all laboratory tasks (microbiology & chemical laboratories) carried out are done in a manner to protect product safety, integrity, authenticity, quality and legality in accordance with the Food Safety & Quality Management system and customer requirements.
- Manage and lead - 3 Full time laboratory analysts, 2 Part Time analysts & 3 Part time domestic cleaners. Development and training of lab personnel to achieve and maintain a multi-skilled team to meet the changing needs of the company, ensuing that individuals are fully trained in the tasks they are required to undertake.
- Responsible for the positive release of finished products based on organoleptic, microbiological & chemical testing results and for ensuring any non-conforming product is identified.
- To liaise with the Technical Manager on matters affecting product safety, integrity, authenticity, quality and legality.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure the effective flow of information resulting from analyses.
- To implement and maintain lab quality systems based on CLAS requirements and Lactalis standard methods and Lactalis operating procedures.
- To monitor laboratory supplies and consumables, raising order requisitions to ensure continuity of supply.
- To ensure the required calibration, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment is carried out in line with requirements.
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership and a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of control.
- Due to the nature of the role we are looking for a person who has experience of working as either a Team leader or a Lab Manager in a food/beverage company as well as a scientific qualification to back up the experience (microbiology, biology, food science, HACCP…). We also require someone with a knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and best practise of health and safety.
- Taunton, Yeovil, Bridgwater, Bristol
Please send your CV and call Aidan at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28/02/2020