Maintenance & Production Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
Hatfield / Welwyn Garden City
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Maintenance & Production Manager to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City
- Daily presentation of Key Performance Metrics to the management team
- Management responsibility for maintenance
- Liaise with suppliers, raise purchase requests and order relevant parts and materials for site maintenance
- Ensure critical spares are kept onsite for plant equipment and replenish when required
- Responsible for evaluating and responding to enquiries on improvements and monitor progress against target dates taking proactive action to ensure on-time deliveries;
- Reporting expected or actual variations against schedule immediately
- Resolution of quality problems and reporting of quality issues attributed to other function
- Ensuring equipment is set and operated to achieve specified finish and inspection is correctly carried out
- Management and control of overtime and reporting monthly to senior management relevant information
- Work closely with section leads to ensure scheduled requirements are met through continuous communication, planning of labour capacity and provision of staff when necessary
- Liaise with other unit leaders and other functions
- Review and continuously seek improvement to the functions and processes within your business unit
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe environment according to safe practices
- Maintain a culture that develops a two-way feedback and ensure communication takes place on a regular basis and at all levels
- Conduct performance twice yearly performance review
- Responsible for departmental skills matrix
- Engineering or Operational qualification or relevant proven experience
- Lean Manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience of planning and prioritising to meet tight deadlines;
- Management experience.
- 5s and or Six Sigma
- Experience of resolving people management issues.
- Experience Aircraft Industry
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 05/02/2020