£23,000 - £27,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Plant Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Burnley
- To maintain, service and ensure that production critical machinery is kept running and repaired as quickly as possible.
- To play an active role in the improvement of the site, including layout and process changes.
- Ongoing maintenance of machinery to ensure it is working to its full capability and preventatively maintained at all times.
- Support all improvement activities within the operations area / department.
- To be a pro-active technician and support plant improvement projects from concept to conclusion.
- Liaise with Production personnel to identify and resolve current engineering issues, initiating responsive reaction to any breakdowns of critical production machinery.
- To play an active and integral role in the implementation and control of a plant preventative maintenance scheme.
- Identify and introduce effective maintenance techniques, being proactive in your approach to all-mechanical issues and problems.
- Understand and play an integral role within the business continuous improvement drive.
- Budgetary control of your specific area and critical spares stock.
- Play and active role in all site wide TPM initiatives and minimise breakdown times, thus ensuring the continued efficient running the plant and an increase in overall equipment effectiveness.
- The successful applicant will be educated to HNC level or equivalent.
- Have a flexible, hands on practical approach to both problem solving and people liaison.
- Ideally you will be a multi skilled maintenance engineer (electrical / technical / mechanical) from a high volume-manufacturing environment, preferably air filtration. Knowledge in pleaters and Roll Forming Equipment.
- A basic knowledge of lean techniques would also be of benefit.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/03/2021