'Panama Days Shift Only'
gap technical are proud to be representing this market leading manufacturing business in their search for a Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Crewe
- Identify health and safety risks and ensure that the plant and equipment is maintained in a safe working order and that safe working practices are followed at all times.
- Inform the Engineering Supervisor or the Production Supervisor of any relevant issues in relation to quality, safety and maintenance.
- To work in a professional manner, complying at all times with company policy on safety, hygiene and housekeeping.
- To monitor the performance of the plant and equipment and to carry out adjustments and maintenance to ensure the agreed quality and efficiency standards are achieved.
- To carry out maintenance work on plant and equipment with regards to improving reliability, downtime and machine induced quality problems. This will include all mechanical and electrical work.
- To accurately complete all associated maintenance documentation and submit to the appropriate person.
- Identify/rectify all aspects of machine faults (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic)
- To attend machine breakdowns in a timely manner and in conjunction with Production Supervisor/Production Manager ensure work is prioritised to keep machine down time to a minimum.
- Assist with the installation/implementation of machine improvements and projects.
- Be available for over-time and callouts when required.
- Assist with the development of PPM maintenance systems both electrical and mechanical.
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time as directed by the Engineering Supervisor.
- HNC/HND qualification in Engineering (Desirable)
- Apprenticeship an advantage but not essential
- Experience in Plastics, FMCG or Automotive manufacturing will be a distinct advantage
- An understanding of ladder logic and fault diagnostic is essential.
- Working knowledge of operating drive systems and platforms such as Fanuc, Siemens, Okuma Toyoda, PLCs inc Allen Bradley, Siemens 7 Krupp.
- Electrical and mechanical engineering
- Hydraulics, pneumatics an advantage but not essential.
- Preventative maintenance procedures.
- Fault finding techniques
- Proven technical knowledge and troubleshooting approach.
- Ability to use electrical trouble shooting equipment.
- Understanding of modern maintenance techniques, technologies and systems.
- Understanding of CMMS operating systems and development essential
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 19/08/2021