Multi Skill Maintenance Engineer - Electrical bias
Continental Days Only (4days/4off)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Electrical Engineer to work at their facility based near Pontypool.
- To ensure maximum machine available time at least cost, through effective planned preventative maintenance schedules.
- To ensure a thorough understanding of the manufacturing processes which allows complete integration of engineers, with production and hygiene staff through the team approach.
- Ensure that a Total Quality Approach is implemented across the site throughout all your duties.
- To maximise the resource base always and ensure quality maintenance standards are obtained.
- Ensuring that spares used by yourself are always recorded by the appropriate means of recording and to ensure that spares delivered are placed into storage correctly.
- To participate fully in an objective-driven process engineering strategy which production and engineering management have set up with clearly defined objectives that are both realistic and achievable with clear performance indicators or performance measurement on all sides.
- Be responsible for the update of the plant register, providing information for, and ensuring all necessary precautions are adopted to comply with permits, with engineers and contractors. Ensuring always that third part engineers are managed safely
- Developing and maintaining an effective working knowledge and diagnostic skills of all plant
- Ensuring that an effective safety and loss control programme is maintained effectively in the department.
- Playing an active role in the planning, controlling and overseeing of the day to day routines and inspections.
- Ensuring all necessary housekeeping and plant inspections are completed in line auditing systems.
- To be an effective team member through meaningful liaison with key production members within the department to ensure the prioritisation of daily tasks and to minimise downtime and maximise machine available time.
- To attend SIC meetings and react to necessary actions.
- To be able to operate on a daily/weekly examination system and be responsible for actions deemed necessary from it.
- To be responsible for the overlap/handover to and from the other shift.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 05/09/2021