gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Aberdare
- Ensure adherence and improvement in all safety and environmental standards.
- Provide hands-on, practical support to a team of multiskilled technicians, who operate across a variety of shift patterns, completing both proactive and reactive Maintenance activities.
- Ensure site services, including HV switch gear, electrical distribution systems, process water and compressors are monitored and maintained.
- Support / manage project activity, including the technical specification, planning and delivery of projects such as new machine design, retro-fitments and improvement activities.
- Support the achievement of all maintenance measures, including; PPM Completion %, Shift Task Close Out Ratio, Machine Downtime, Breakdown and fault reduction activity, meantime between failure, meantime to repair, etc
- Implement lean / continuous improvement activity and strategy to improve performance and drive site sustainability using tools such as 5Why and FMEA to identify areas needing improvement.
- Support the identification and implementation of actions to minimise conversion costs, with specific focus on Energy and Maintenance spend.
- Identify and implement innovative technical solutions to overcome maintenance problems.
- Take responsibility for aspects of direct line leadership of the maintenance team, Co-ordinating activities across all shift patterns.
- Ensure site standards, conditions and procedures are adhered to and upheld
- Support the development of Maintenance Technicians in relation to electrical activities
- As the successful candidate, you will preferably be educated to degree standard in an electrical engineering discipline however, candidates with a minimum of an HNC level qualification together with significant relevant experience will be considered. You will have gained "Hands On" maintenance experience through completion of an accredited electrical apprenticeship. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Good understanding of electrical control principles and hardware to provide technical support to technicians
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent process-based knowledge and project management skills
- The resilience to deal with complex problems, in a pressured environment with the ability to implement solutions to ensure safe production continuity
- Self-Starter / Motivator
Please send your CV to Jamielea Howard
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 11/11/2020