Maintenance Engineer (Shift Based)
gap technical are proud to be representing this National manufacturing business in their search for a Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Warrington
- Minimise MTTR by using recognised fault-finding techniques to repair equipment in a fix first time, timely manner.
- Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to peer group using appropriate engineering language
- Support the process operation by helping with machine change overs and cover of breaks where required
- Maximise MTBF by carrying out maintenance on equipment using recognised maintenance tools and techniques
- Ensuring all works carried out and works required are recorded fully and accurately using the CMMS systems
- Maintain all work spaces to an acceptable minimum standard (includes support functions work spaces)
- Have strong problem-solving skills, operational understanding of OEE,5S, Lean manufacturing techniques TPM and PPM in a manufacturing environment.
- To perform specified tasks and work under own initiative
- To perform additional tasks as requested by the Engineering manager
- To constantly challenge and improve standards
- Always operate in a safe manner using Dynamic Risk Assessment principals
- Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
- Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required.
- Operate maintenance Fork Lift Truck and Elevated Working Platform as required.
- Assist visiting specialist engineers when necessary.
- Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to Maintenance Manager
- Make full use of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Plan / prioritize workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Raise and complete work requests using CMMS as required
- Manufacture spare parts as required (Simple Bracketry Gaskets etc…) using lathes, milling machines, welding equipment, etc.
- Identify spares requirements and control / log usage.
- Qualified to minimum engineering standard - NVQ Lvl 4, HNC, recognised apprenticeship (FADA)
- Quantifiable experience with PLC & automation systems
- Computer literate, familiar with MS office and able to use CMMS package (Agility)
- Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 15/06/2020