Salary £31883 - £34245
Continental Days Only (4days/4off)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global Metal/Recycling business in their search for a Maintenance Fitter to work at their facility based near Oldbury
- Perform a range of Mechanical activities good hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and methodical fault-finding abilities to support continuous production performance.
- Perform a range of mechanical activities such as installations, repairs and renovations, covering pumps, motors, Gear boxes and heavy plant.
- Responsibility for installation and replacement of high value equipment.
- Work to scheduled planned maintenance tasks and ensure they are completed on time.
- To participate positively in continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and plant hygiene
- Authorised to stop plant or machinery in circumstances where safety to personnel or others is at risk or there may be damage to plant.
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant
- Keep Maintenance/performance records
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Previous experience of factory work or physically demanding environments with Mechanical qualifications relevant to the machinery and plant
- Previous experience of working on heavy machinery and plant involving pumps. Motors, gear boxes knowledge for example.
- Able to read instruction manuals and drawings and interpret to correct issues and faults.
- Mechanically competent and time served.
- Experience of having actively participated in team briefings or involvement in continuous improvement and new plant installations.
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 13/08/2021