Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this market leading business in their search for a Maintenance Supervisor to work at their facility based near Newmarket
- Compilation of reports including but not limited to: fault repairs, PPM, Lost time reports, breakdown reports and expenditure.
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager in successfully implementing predictive and preventative plant maintenance and owning the plans
- Ensuring that the team comply with all applicable H&S and Engineering based legislation and company rules.
- Monitoring and reviewing the maintenance work carried out by your team
- Ensuring that machinery and services are maintained to meet individual department's requirements, utilising the most appropriate and efficient maintenance regime.
- Conducting appropriate checks on machinery/equipment, including but not limited to pre-start-up check sheets.
- Ensuring that the machinery and equipment used is of a safe standard, reporting any malfunctions.
- Effective implementation of accepted changes to working practices, contributing continuously to improvement programmes when required.
- Working with external contractors to achieve effective and efficient maintenance and service of machinery and building when required, including the issuing of any permit to work as required by company procedures.
- Communicating effectively and accurately any information about stock requirements and usage to the Engineering Stores person.
- Assuming responsibility for contractors including HS+E, risk/COSHH and safe systems of work
- Ensuring the daily workload is achieved to your best ability, as set by the Manager and daily priorities
- Developing and maintaining site and equipment drawings.
- Maintaining develop and update daily visual management boards and give a daily briefing to staff.
- Ensuring that all workshops and the site are clean and tidy and to a 5S standard.
- Undertaking pre and post-work/repair inspection.
- Previous experience in preventative and/or predictive maintenance is preferable.
- Previous supervisory experience preferable.
- Computer Literate, including MS Word, Excel, email and preferably the use of a company IT system.
- Experience of working with mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Previous experience of department / Team administration.
- Strong Competencies in: Evaluating Problems; Investigating Issues; Communicating Information; Providing Leadership; Processing Details; Structuring Tasks
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 01/10/2020