Manufacturing Improvement Manager
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Improvement Manager to join their team on permanent basis. Reporting to the Plant Manager and working as part of the Site Leadership team, as a key member of the site leadership team there will be a need to drive the overall plant progression in areas outside of your direct control.
- Responsibility in prioritising critical site KPIs (Safety, People, Quality, Performance and Cost) into strategic action plans, supporting the site team wherever required.
- Manage a team of PCLs, coaching, motivating and supporting to ensure the delivery of operational KPIs, both short and long term through infinite loop activities.
- Ensure that all PCLs have the skills to complete frequent loss deployment models resulting in any associated gap analysis and phased plans.
- Communicate the phased plans to the Site Leadership Team.
- Train, coach & mentor all departments in the deployment of Kaizen and any team improvement projects.
- Co-ordinate Kaizen and improvement projects across the site to ensure a successful and sustainable result.
- Ensure that all improvement activities and standard creations are completed in a timely fashion and deployed to the daily control loop appropriately.
- Act as a facilitator between the PCL team and Pillar functions, to ensure alignment and prioritisation of goals, both short and long term.
- Identify and eradicate deficiencies in data recording, escalating using the site procedure.
- Coach and develop the site team to deliver engaging and varied daily operations meetings, driving operator engagement and culture change.
- Ensure the team of PCLs drive area KPI leadership and communicate area results back to all employee on a frequent basis.
- Identify any training needs for PCLs, Shift Co-ordinators, Team Leaders and other department functions to ensure adherence to the Infinite Loop structure, providing practical in-house training.
- Ensure an Infinite Loop audit score of greater than 80% is achieved and that all stations within the infinite loop link together and flow.
- Ensure that the P3 process is used to enable the development and progression of the team through the setting of SMART objectives, while completing regular reviews.
- Accountable for plant scrap and over usage, conducting a weekly deployment and driving the required actions to improve these critical site KPI's.
- Chair a weekly team meeting to ensure communication, prioritisation of actions and a review of critical KPI performance against the expected targets.
- Prepare a weekly update for the site Leadership team updating performance and critical actions.
- Conduct a monthly site operations review.
- Qualified to degree standard in Engineering or a technical discipline.
- Hold a qualification in Lean Principles (e.g., Six Sigma Green/Black Belt)
- A high level of process and technical knowledge ideally with an understanding of high volume manufacturing.
- Full understanding of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques.
- Proven ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions.
- Drive the solutions to successful implementation.
- The ability to analyse complex data, draw relevant conclusions and create site level action plans, and an ability to deploy and manage actions plans at process area level.
- A high level of computer literacy and will be comfortable using MS Office, particularly Excel, in addition to SAP.
- Previous experience planning and delivering Kaizen and team improvement activities.
- Previous experience delivering culture change.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to act as a facilitator / trainer.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels within the organisation, from Production Operators to Director Level.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 10/03/2022