Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary £25.00-£27.50ph PAYE
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work at their facility based near Burnley
- To support the engineering department in producing accurate 3D CAD models of project specific equipment, along with full drawings and bill of materials (BOM's).
- Implementing small design changes to improve functionality or the design of the equipment and subsequently updating CAD models, drawings and BOM's.
- Supporting the workshop team with drawings and additional documentation to ensure all equipment is built and commissioned to specification.
- Validating CAD models through cross referencing accuracy against completed equipment.
- Producing bills of materials for project specific equipment
- Producing engineering drawings to relevant industry standards (BS 8888)
- Minor design changes to existing equipment
- Design verification work, including FEA simulation
- Producing equipment manuals and additional documentation
- Engineering based Degree or equivalent HNC/HND 2:2 or above, essential
- Practical experience working with electrical and mechanical machines, desirable
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and material properties & limitations
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, essential
- Able to work independently and on own initiative.
- Good communication skills, able to work with clients and colleagues at all levels and to generate clear and accurate reports detailing actions taken and recommended future actions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own and others time efficiently.
- An understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical systems is desirable
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 19/10/2021